Re: escaping quotes and paren's in swish query

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 14:18:21 GMT
On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 04:21:07AM -0700, Tac wrote:
> If I want to search for the phrase with a double-quote in it (e.g. 17" flat
> screen), how do I escape the string in swish-e?  I'm getting the error:
> Syntax error in query (missing end quote or unbalanced parenthesis?)

Back to that old parser.

You are suppose to be able to backslash the quote, but it doesn't seem
to work -- I thought it did.  I see there's a note about it in the
code.  I'll look later.

BTW -- if you want the quotes to effect your search you will need to
add the quotes to your WordCharacters, BeginCharacters and
EndCharacters settings as it's not part of the default set.