Re: HTML2 and StoreDescription

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 20:40:18 GMT
On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 01:26:59PM -0700, mpeters wrote:
> ok, after some work I've traced it down to using the
> <!-- SwishCommand noindex --> tags. For some reason HTML doesn't
> notice these but HTML2 does.

http://swish-e.org/current/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html#Directives_that_Control_Swish

Also, if you are using the libxml2 parser (HTML2 and XML2) then you
can use the following comments in your documents to prevent indexing:

       <!-- SwishCommand noindex -->
       <!-- SwishCommand index -->

and/or these may be used also:

       <!-- noindex -->

> And if you have your <body> after a
> 'noindex' without another 'index' it won't see the tag.

That's by design, but I'm not sure why.  You might be able to modify a
few lines in parser.c to get what you want.  Just search for
"noindex" in the source.