Re: internal number question

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 20:44:39 GMT
On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 01:14:11PM -0700, Jason Camp wrote:
> Ok cool, thanks for your help on this! One more question - I have a modified
> spider program that will index documents, and each document it passes to the
> swish-e program via stdin. It looks like for each document, it's overwriting
> the index each time. Does this make sense? Is there any way to tell it to add a
> page to the index instead of overwriting it? Or am I missing something? Thanks
> a lot for your help!

Sounds like you are missing something.  Swish-e mostly doesn't do
incremental indexing.  There's an option to build swish-e with a
different backend data store (btree) where you can add files to an
existing index.  Old files are not removed, so the index will
continue to grow (IIRC).  ./configure --help and look for the
enable-incremental option.