Re: Indexing University Site

From: Shaffer, Chris <Chris.Shaffer(at)not-real.BELLSOUTH.COM>
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 14:28:11 GMT

> Does this come close?

I saw that...  Yeah, it does come close...  The since the real power of
spidering is in the customization of the spider, it would be nice if
that section would contain a 'sane default' spider.conf file.  It can be
overwhelming to a novice user just being dropped at an all inclusive
list of options.  Took me a little while to figure out what was
important, and what wasn't...

Some thing like the included sample file, with the comments and some
'sane defaults'.

I hope I don't sound like I'm ragging on the docs...  They're
wonderfully comprehensive...  Its just that when you getting started,
it's a bit overwhelming...

Chris Shaffer