free text searching

From: Eric Lease Morgan <emorgan(at)not-real.nd.edu>
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 19:07:47 GMT
If an XML element has been indexed as a field using swish, then is it
possible to retrieve a record with that field using a free text search?

Suppose I have many XML files with the following structure:

   <record>
     <title>oranges</title>
     <description>a tangy fruit</description>
   </record>

Furthermore, suppose I instruct swish to index the title element as a
field.

Now, is there a way to search a swish index for the word oranges
*without* telling the search engine to look in the title field? In
other words, I want to do something like this and retrieve my record:

   swish-e -w oranges

Is this possible? Is there something I can do to make this possible, or
must I do this:

   swish-e -w title=oranges

--
Eric Lease Morgan