limiting search results by path using SWISH::API

From: mpeters <mpeters(at)not-real.plusthree.com>
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 16:23:21 GMT
heloo all,

just started using swish-e and I have a few, hopefully easy,
questions. I'm using the SWISH::API inside of a mod_perl handler to
get the search results from an index.

The site is setup so that protected documents are in a /protected
dir in the document root. Is there a way to tell swish-e to not
index these documents? This would solve my first problem, but then I
have another. If the customer later decides that he want's these
documents indexed but only accessible to the right people, is there
a way to tell the $search->Execute() to not include documents based
on their path? Or do I have to accumulate all of the results and
then eliminate the ones I don't want using the 'swishdocpath' property?

Thanks in advance,
--
Michael Peters
Developer