Re: indexing files with multiple MIME parts

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 17:00:12 GMT
On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 11:59:10AM -0400, Andy Jacobson wrote:

>     Bill> Are you doing this with mail archives or with incoming mail?
>     Bill> I've wanted to index my incoming mail for a while, but never
>     Bill> have got around to it.  I want both a web-based and command
>     Bill> line interface for searching messages and the option to tag
>     Bill> and drop the search results into a new Maildir folder.
>
> That's an interesting proposition, but I'm completely satisfied just
> being able to search my archives.

So do you index in a way where you can search like

   nnir and (author=andy or email=andyj)

and then see results with context.

> [ASIDE] For the record, if you're dissatisfied with your mail client
> and you're reading this mailing list, you may have the borderline
> masochistic traits required to use gnus.  There's really nothing
> like it in terms of raw power and flexibility, including this
> beautiful "nnir" interace to swish-e.

Have you also used mutt?

I read my mail over imap from a number of different places, so
really want a solution that works anywhere.  That's why I'm thinking
about a web-based search tool that can write selected results to a new
Maildir -- which then would be available from anyware via imap.