Re: maximum title of 63 characters?

From: Chris Bohn <cbohn(at)not-real.rrinc.com>
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 16:19:50 GMT
You are absolutely right.  I had looked at the Hypermail HTML output before and
thought it was all fine because the subject that it shows when reading it is
correct (not truncated), but the *title* tag is in fact truncated at 63
characters.

<title>Exports: [Export] rrixerces_dll, rrixerces_imp, rrixerces_h_cmd </title>

If the spec suggests a title shouldn't be > 64 characters, what's
the best way to handle this with swish-e?  I don't know all the options well at
all, but maybe it is to use the meta name subject tag for just these Hypermail
archive searches instead?

rrixerces_h_cmd 7_2" />

I'm not sure how to do it, but I think it can be done.  Does anyone have an
example of something like this?  Also, I noticed index_hypermail.pl actually
replaces the title of the HTML output to the subject meta tag, so is that what
most people do to get around this problem (and/or is there some other reason
index_hypermail.pl was made)?

thanks
Chris