Re: Incrmental indexing

From: Ed Summers <ehs(at)not-real.pobox.com>
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 14:09:48 GMT
On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 06:11:33AM -0700, Peter Karman wrote:
> Just to be sure, I just tested the --enable-incremental. It compiled
> with the latest CVS version under mac os 10.3.

Is incremental indexing available in the latest tarball? If not, are
there any guesses at when it will be stable enough to be released?

I'm comparing swish-e with Plucene [1] to provide a Perl based index for
a component of the Ockham project [2]. After some rudimentary tests it looks
like swish-e out performs plucene in searching and indexing speed, but Plucene
is able to index add/update/delete from the indexes which is a huge benefit.

//Ed

[1] http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Plucene
[2] http://www.ockham.org