Re: Incrmental indexing

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)not-real.cray.com>
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 13:11:48 GMT
Just to be sure, I just tested the --enable-incremental. It compiled
with the latest CVS version under mac os 10.3.

I indexed a file with the word 'foo' in it. I searched for 'foo' and got
that doc. Then I removed the word 'foo' from the doc and re-indexed,
adding the -u option. Now a search for 'foo' does not return that doc.

Note that I didn't use -N. My original point was simply that -N is a
helpful option for daily use as a way of filtering out docs that haven't
changed.