Re: Incrmental indexing

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)not-real.cray.com>
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 12:56:12 GMT
I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood the question. Timo, were you asking
how to get the --enable-incremental option to compile? Or how to use it?

See this mail thread:

http://swish-e.org/Discussion/archive/2004-02/7018.html

I think basically you need to compile with --enable-incremental, then
use the -u option (probably with -N to update files newer than some date
-- usually the timestamp of the index, I would guess).

I think this is, in effect, similar to the -N/-M scenario I described
before, but does it in one step instead of two. Please, someone who
wrote the code (Jose? Bill?), correct me on this.