Re: wildcard bug in 2.4.2?

From: Keith Ivey <keith(at)not-real.smokefreedc.org>
Date: Thu Jul 22 2004 - 21:39:44 GMT
Kees Cook wrote:

>Is there anything I can do to the search parser code, to make this happen,
>no matter how brute-force?  I can't afford to regenerate indexes with
>reversed strings right now.  It took 6 days to generate the indexes: 64
>indexes for about 140G worth of text.  :)

I don't think you're going to be able to escape reindexing. You might
consider making @
not be a word character so that you could simply search for
"from=osdl.org" if all you're
really concerned about is searching by hostname.

>And, additionally, is there a way to test for the _existence_ of a meta
>field, no matter what the contents?  For example, "from=*" would only hit
>when a "from" meta was there?  (This will let me distinguish between email
>and non-email in my indexes.)

Maybe preprocess your files before indexing to add a special word to all
the mail
and only the mail?  You could then search for that word.  Or add a new
"type"
metaname that contains the type of file.

--
Keith Ivey <keith@smokefreedc.org>
Washington, DC