Re: swish-e PHP problem after upgrade

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 04:06:30 GMT
On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 10:49 -0400, Aaron Bazar wrote:
> The C file is compiled, produces the .so file, my php script then loads the
> module when I issue the dl() command. PHP then tries to read the module,
> looking for functions, etc. Is a module just a way to add a bunch of
> built-in functions?

Yes, basically that is all.

> And, if so, was there some change in the new version of
> PHP that you have to define variables differently?

Which new version of PHP?  I'm running 4.3.6 and it does not work.  I
will look into it when I have some time.

> What is an undefined function?

A function that doesn't exist in PHP or any loaded extensions.  If you
see that for the swish-e functions then the module did not load.  There
should be an error message in the server error log.
(e.g. /var/log/httpd/error_log)

> FYI, when I do php -v, I also get the following errors:

Don't see any errors.  ;-)

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/