Re: A few newbie-questions ...

From: Volker <swish(at)not-real.trendsetter.de>
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 10:13:50 GMT
David L Norris schrieb:

>On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 01:24 -0700, Volker wrote:

..

>>Can the -N help me to index  c e r t a i n  files and add them to a
>>current index?
>>The new data to add to a current index are retrieved from a mysql database.
>>

>-N selects files newer than your reference file.  For example, you could
>index all files newer than your most recent index file.

Hi David,

thank you for your answers!

But what I still did not understand: Each day I want to add a
MySQL-generated output to an existing index. that meanwhile does have a
size of  700MB.
The scripts that retrieves information from the MySQL database and
"feeds" swish-e works fine.

But HOW can I add 10 new pages (my scripts feeds swish-e with html pages
located in a MySQL database like mentioned above) to an existing index file?

Or will I always have to produce a separate index for those 10 pages and
merge it with the main index afterwards? If that was true it would take
several hours to add 10 pages because of the long merge process.

Thanks a lot and best regards

Volker