Re: swish::api on windows

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Jul 13 2004 - 00:03:37 GMT
On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 12:52 -0700, Eric Lease Morgan wrote:
> So, it works for you? What did you to to install it? I used the swish-e
> exe installer. You used something different? Maybe something is wrong
> with my ActiveState installation.

OK, there are two things to look at.  (Assuming perl is in c:\perl and
SWISH-E is c:\swish-e)

1) Is c:\swish-e\lib\swish-e\perl in the @INC path of your script?
2) Does SWISH-E create C:\perl\lib\auto\SWISH\API\API.dll as it should?

I just did a clean install of ActivePerl 5.8.4 build 810 (MSI Package)
on Windows 2000 and then installed SWISH-E 2.4.2.  The SWISH-E 2.4.2
installation process seems to have setup everything just fine.

The only problem I found is that some modules like SWISH::ParseQuery are
missing (example/modules/SWISH/*.pm).  Once I extract those files from
the source tarball into c:/swish-e/lib/swish-e/perl/SWISH then swish.cgi
works fine.  I'll fix that in the next release build.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/