Avoiding errors for missing properties

From: Tac <tac(at)not-real.smokescreen.org>
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 13:39:19 GMT
How can I stop an error from trying to get a non-existent property from the
perl API?  I'm particular, I have

            $result->Property( "year" ),

but sometimes I don't have a "year" Property.  This happens often now,
because the big indexes take hours and hours to run, so I test stuff with
the small indexes, but I don't want to break searching the big indexes.
Having it return blank or "UNDEFINED" is fine, but aborting is no good.  Is
there a way around this?

Thx,

Tac

to a plain text message.