putting SwishProgParameters on the command line

From: Tac <tac(at)not-real.smokescreen.org>
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 16:16:40 GMT
I'm using Swish-e to index several tables, and the key parameter that needs
to be passed into my program is the table name.  A few questions:

(1) I really want to pass the parameters in via the swish-e command line,
not via the .config file, since all I really need to do is pass in one (or
two) variable.  The required one is the table name, the optional one is a
limit (used mostly for testing, if I just want to index n records).

Currently I have 2 .config file, the base one which sets everything up, and
the table one, which is just SwishProgParameters, e.g.

pm.config

SwishProgParameters "table=pm"   OR
SwishProgParameters "table=pm&limit=15"
IndexFile pm

What I'd rather do is

swish-e -c base.config -f pm -SwishProgParameters "table=pm"

(2) An alternative question, since I'm 99% sure what I want doesn't exist,
is to ask "is the IndexFile name available to the -S prog script?"  In other
words, if I run swish-e -c base.config -f pm, does the program file
(spider.pl or whatever) know what the IndexFile is?  If so, I could key off
of that, since that's also the table name.  Doesn't solve my limit problem,
but it's a good start.

(3) Finally, are there any plans to move the indexing into the API, rather
than calling out to the swish-e program?  That's be great, for several
reasons.

Thx,

Tac

to a plain text message.