Re: how to do manual suggestions (best bets) in swish-e?

From: Thomas Dowling <tdowling(at)not-real.ohiolink.edu>
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 20:25:33 GMT
Avi Rappoport wrote:

>Search HP for ipod
><http://search.hp.com/gwuseng/query.html?qt=ipod&la=en&col=hpcom+ccen+ccenfor> ...
>

>Some of them are graphics, some are text, but they are all designed
>to help people find what they really want.
>

>>> I want to recommend SWISH-E to a client but they need this feature
>>> and might be willing to pay for it.
>>>
>>> Avi

Does this really require work in the search engine?  It strikes me as an
application-level project.  Search once in a set of
sponsored/promoted/featured links and once in the site-wide database.
Or does this need to work from a prepackaged script like swish.cgi?

--
Thomas Dowling
tdowling@ohiolink.edu