how to do manual suggestions (best bets) in swish-e?

From: Avi Rappoport <avi-list(at)not-real.searchtools.com>
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 22:35:58 GMT
Hi all,

Most of the enterprise search engines are now supporting a manual
suggestion (best bets) feature, so the most frequent queries can be
handled in standard ways.  I couldn't find it on the web site or in
the docs.

If SWISH-E doesn't support it now, I'm sure it's reasonably easy to
do in Perl with the templates.  Essentially, you keep an XML file
with the query word(s), the url, and any title/description HTML the
admin wants displayed, then do a quick lookup on that and show
anything that matches.  They use it on HP.com and so on.  It's a good
supplement to automatic search logic which is pretty limited in most
cases.

I want to recommend SWISH-E to a client but they need this feature
and might be willing to pay for it.

Avi

--
Complete Guide to Search Engines for Web Sites and Intranets
    <http://www.searchtools.com>