Re: PPT & swish.cgi (trying again)

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 19:52:48 GMT
On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 06:57 -0700, adivey1@cox.net wrote:
> No one responded so I'm assuming the is because the message looked ridiculous coming from my webmail app.

Looks like you are on a UNIX system of some sort...  So, what you could
do is something like this in your config:
  FileFilter .ppt "strings" "-10 '%p'"

It will extract any strings that are over 10 characters.  That should
get you some content out of the PPT but filter out much of the junk.
You may need to adjust it for more or fewer characters.  A quick Google
search suggests that there are a few tools to properly extract text from
PPT files.  The prominent examples don't appear to be free nor usable as
a filter.

Or you could simply index the files without content:
  NoContents .ppt

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/