RE: Error Message: Index file error: Could not open

From: Kaplan, Andrew H. <AHKAPLAN(at)not-real.PARTNERS.ORG>
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 19:16:19 GMT
Hi there --

I have made some progress. The swish-e program is able to find Word documents in
the directory being indexed. Now I am
trying to get it to find the pdf files that are there. Unfortunately I am
drawing a blank on what files need to be used
and configured to get that done. FYI -- I installed version 2.4.1 onto the
system.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Moseley [mailto:moseley@hank.org]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 1:06 PM
To: Kaplan, Andrew H.
Subject: Re: Error Message: Index file error: Could not open

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 11:59:52AM -0400, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:
> Hi there --
> This is really pathetic, but can you give me a step-by-step process on how
> you got swish-e (2.4.2) to work on your server? I don't know what else to
> do at this point. HEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!!!

I just followed the instructions.  Maybe go back and read my previous
responses.

Good luck.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bill Moseley [mailto:moseley@hank.org]
> Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 11:19 AM
> To: Kaplan, Andrew H.
> Subject: Re: Error Message: Index file error: Could not open
> On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 10:50:45AM -0400, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:
> > I ran the spider.pl script with the following syntax:
> >
> > ./spider.pl default http://132.183.12.176/radonckbmain.htm >
> > /home/ahk/output.txt
> >
> > I had not created a configuration file for spider.pl but according to the
> > documentation,
> > the above syntax was supposed to work.
> >
> > Although a file was created, it was zero bytes in size. Also, I encountered
> > the following
> > error message:
> >
> > Can't locate object export method "export_to_level" via package MP3::Tag at
> > /usr/local/lib/swish-e/perl/SWISH/Filter.pm line 662.
> > FYI - MP3::Tag was installed successfully prior to swish-e being installed.
> A quick search of the archive turns up this:
>   http://swish-e.org/Discussion/archive/2003-11/6395.html
> > Regarding the pdf and word files, which configuration file filters these
> > types of files that will allow them to be indexed? The xpdf
> > and catdoc programs are installed.
> Spider uses SWISH::Filter, and SWISH::Filter should detect xpdf and