Unknown error from swish.cgi

From: Peter Bisset <pbisset(at)not-real.emergency.qld.gov.au>
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 02:55:44 GMT
I have managed to get swish.cgi going on a laptop running XP with a single partition - it all works, although it was a struggle understanding the configuration requirements.

I then tried to install it on a win2k server with two partitions. Swish-e works fine from the command line. I installed swish-e to d:/program files/swish-e. However, the same swish.cgi file copied from the laptop gives no results. The only difference between the two swish.cgi files is the drive letter pointing to the swish-e binary and the path to the index file.

I used the same swish config file on both machines to build the index.

I have tried debugging as suggested using SWISH_DEBUG and it has this to say:

<snip>
---- Swish parameters ----
$VAR1 = {
          '-b' => '1',
          '-m' => 1,
          '-f' => 'd:/docroot/ato/ato-docs.idx',
          '-H' => 9,
          '-w' => 'swishdefault=(machine)',
          '-x' => '<swishreccount>\\t<swishtitle>\\t<swishdescription>\\t<swishl
astmodified fmt=\'%d-%m-%Y\'>\\t<swishdocsize>\\t<swishdocpath>\\t<swishrank>\\n
'
        };

swish.cgi: no results
</snip>

I think it has something to do with the arguments to -x but don't know for sure.

Can anyone help me please. I know I am doing something wrong, but cannot find out what.

Peter Bisset
Ph. 3247 8553 (94553)
Fax 3247 8598 (94598)
Business Systems Unit
Department of Emergency Services

This correspondence is for the named persons only.
It may contain confidential or privileged information or both.
No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mis transmission.
If you receive this correspondence in error please delete it from your system immediately and notify the sender.
You must not disclose, copy or relay on any part of this correspondence, if you are not the intended recipient.
Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual sender except where the sender expressly,
and with the authority, states them to be the opinions of the Department of Emergency Services, Queensland.