Re: Error Message: Index file error: Could not open

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 21:44:40 GMT
On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 01:06:45PM -0400, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:
> Hi there --
>
> The step-by-step instructions resulted in the following error message:
>
> Can't locate object method 'export_to_level' via package "MP3::Tag" (perhaps you
> forgot to load MP3::Tag?)
> at /usr/local/lib/swish-e/perl/SWISH/Filter.pm line 662.

You asked about that on Jun 7 and I responded directly to you:

    A quick search of the archive turns up this:

      http://swish-e.org/Discussion/archive/2003-11/6395.html

Are you trying to index MP3 tags?

> As an exercise, I ran the following command from the directory that has the
> files to be indexed (/www):
>
> /usr/local/bin/swish-e -S fs -c swish.conf -v 3
>
> The same problem mentioned in my previous e-mail occurred: The
> indexing appears to go through, but a search from the web only
> displays the index.swish files.

I don't know what you mean there.  Displays the index.swish files?  But,
I also explained in an email that indexing that way will not
automatically index PDF files.

> The stage where things appear to not be working appears either during
> the actual indexing process, even though no errors appear on-screen,
> or during the search process from the swish.cgi file.

I'm not so sure that's the stage were things are not working correctly.