Re: searching several indexes with SWISH::API

From: Jonas Wolf <JOWOLF(at)not-real.uk.ibm.com>
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 09:23:42 GMT
I have narrowed the problem down to the line

%headers = map { lc($_) => ($swish->HeaderValue( $index, $_ )||'') }
$swish->HeaderNames;

which does not actually have anything to do with the SWISH::API creation.

The problem was that I just changed the script to pass the space separated
list of names to run_query, which then performs the API creation. But the
above function call only applies to an individual index, hence the error
message.

Thanks all for your help, in the end it looks like user error...

Jonas

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 03:59:29AM -0700, Jonas Wolf wrote:
> err: Index Header Error: Index file
> 'd:/website2/cgi-bin/search/index/pmr/nostem.idx
> d:/website2/cgi-bin/search/index/prb/nostem.idx
> d:/website2/cgi-bin/search/index/manuals/nostem.idx' is not an active
> index file

I'm trying to catch up here.  That error is generated from
SwishPropertyList() or SwishMetaList() when passed a index file name
that could not be looked up.

Can you simplify your code, throw in a few print statements and show
what's being called and where?  Seems like you must be passing in an
index filename that doesn't exist -- or swish-e is failing to look up
the file name correctly in the list of of open index files.