Ignore index page?

From: David VanHook <dvanhook(at)not-real.mshanken.com>
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 16:44:44 GMT
Hello there -- having a problem trying to get SWISH to ignore an index page.
We've got SWISH running quite nicely using the HTTP spider off of a
database-generated page which lists all of the pages we want the SWISH
search to cover.

The problem we've just discovered is that SWISH is, of course, also indexing
the MAIN index page, which basically is a long list of hotlinks which look
like this:

ID 1
ID 2
ID 3
ID 4...

Obviously, we don't want our users to see this page at all in the search
results.

We want SWISH to spider and index all of the links listed on this page, but
to NOT index the page itself.

I've tried setting the title of that page to 'swishnoindex', then using
FileRules title is swishnoindex in the config file, but I keep getting a Bad
Directive error, even when I paste in code directly from the docs.

What am I doing wrong?  Or is there some other way to achieve this same
goal?

Thanks very much,

Dave VanHook
dvanhook@mshanken.com