RE: Error Message: Index file error: Could not open

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)not-real.cray.com>
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 20:47:04 GMT
We'll assume you've read the documentation:

http://swish-e.org/current/docs/

in particular the PDF stuff:

http://swish-e.org/current/docs/Filter.html

and the FAQ:

Eh, but I just want to know how to index PDF documents!

See the examples in the conf directory and the comments in the
SwishSpiderConfig.pl file.

See the previous question for the details on filtering. The method you
decide to use will depend on how fast you want to index, and your
comfort level with using Perl modules.

Regardless of the filtering method you use you will need to install the
Xpdf packages available from http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/.

Assuming you've read all that, and can't make headway, send along what
you've tried so far.

--
Peter Karman - Software Publications Engineer - Cray Inc
phone: 651-605-9009 - mailto:karman@cray.com