Re: Config files and spider.pl

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 20:06:01 GMT
On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 12:11:13PM -0700, adivey1@cox.net wrote:
> Where can I find documentation that'll tell me which configuration
> files are overriden by using spider.pl? Obviously, IndexDir is
> specified in the file, but entries like  StoreDescription and
> IndexContents, and MetaNames, how do I know which ones are being read
> and ignored?

http://www.swish-e.org/current/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html

    *  Swish-e CONFIGURATION FILE
          o Alphabetical Listing of Directives
          o Directives that Control Swish
          o Administrative Headers Directives
          o Document Source Directives
          o Document Contents Directives
          o Directives for the File Access method only
          o Directives for the HTTP Access Method Only
          o Directives for the prog Access Method Only
          o Document Filter Directives
                + Filtering with SWISH::Filter
                + Filtering with the FileFilter feature
    * Document Info

So, they are suppose to be broken up by options that control the
indexing vs. options that control what files are passed to swish for
indexing.

So, setting swish-e to follow symbolic links probably isn't going to
effect spidering.  But MetaNames is how the data is indexed, regardless
of where it comes from.

Technical writers always welcome.