This is critical please suggest me a way out

From: Jignesh Jani <jignesh.jani(at)not-real.i-link.co.in>
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 09:15:52 GMT
Hi there,
	I forsee a potential bug in swish-e for windows. Correct me if i am wrong.
Swish-e uses two routines PACKLONG and UNPACKLONG to write and read an
unsigned long number in the index files. According to my testing in case of
a number like 1133082 this routine will generate a value that contains
ctrl-Z. Which in fact is the EOF for window environment. In such case
application will fail. I came to know about this while i tried to extend
swish-e. Can anybody suggest me what are the other routines that i can use
to avoid this problem.