Re: indexing marcxml files

From: Eric Lease Morgan <emorgan(at)not-real.nd.edu>
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 11:33:57 GMT
On May 27, 2004, at 1:04 AM, Bill Moseley wrote:

>> In other words, is there some way to use the MetaNames directive in a
>> swish-e configuration file to pull out things like "tag=245" as well
>> as
>> "code=a"?
>
> Probably not very well.  How about using MARC::XML to parse it and then
> format at something that swish-e can read.
>
> That's probably a script that would be good in the swish-e
> distribution.

Again, thank you for the prompt reply. Do you every sleep?  :-)

Your answer is more or less what I expected, and your suggestion is
more or less what I have done. For example, I can convert the MARCXML
files into MODS or XHTML and index that way instead. 'Just checking to
see if I missed something.

--
Eric Lease Morgan