special characters

From: Jonas Wolf <JOWOLF(at)not-real.uk.ibm.com>
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 09:44:09 GMT
During my testing, I realised that certain files
didn't turn up in my queries while they should have. And I've found the
reason why. I have files that follow the following pattern:

<xml>
  <title>This & That</title>
  <description>Some important information</description>
</xml>

It seems that swish-e indexes this file *only* up to the '&' character,
and then stops. This means that any information after that is not indexed.

Is there a particular reason why this is the case, or is it a bug? If it
is
a bug, I can always get around it by replacing that character with
something
else, or taking it out completely. If it is a feature, does this occur
with
other characters as well?

Thanks, Jonas