Disabling zlib support

From: William Osborne <wbo(at)not-real.freeshell.org>
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 21:11:22 GMT
Ok, since swish indexes created on Windows apparently cannot be used on a
Net-BSD 64-bit Alpha system.  I have decided to rebuild my indexes on the
Net-BSD system (not as convienient but still do-able).

Swish-e built the indexes fine, but when I try to search the index I get
the following message:

Warning: Failed to uncompress Property. zlib uncompress returned: -5.
uncompressed size: 17546 buf_len: -2024

I searched the archives of the swish-e mailing list and found a post that
mentioned zlib compressed properties may not work properly on 64-bit
systems.  So, I decided to rebuild swish-e, this time disabling zlib
support.

I ran configure --without-zlib and near the end of the transcript, I got a
message that said "Disabling compression support".  So I ran "make",
followed by "make test" and "make install".

I rebuilt the index, and tried searching again.  I got the same message
saying "Failed to uncompress property".

Why is swish-e still building compressed indexes when compiled with
--without-zlib?  Is there a source file I need to edit to disable zlib
support?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
William Osborne