Re: SWISH-E C library version

From: Jonas Wolf <JOWOLF(at)not-real.uk.ibm.com>
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 14:31:04 GMT
Dependency Walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) is a simple tool that
shows you, for a given dll, all the dlls it depends on. And it happens to
claim that API.dll depends on perl85.dll.

> Does .../Perl/lib/auto/SWISH/API/API.dll exist?  And is that a relative
> path or did you chop of the prefix??

I chopped off the prefix, it's an absolute path which does specify an
existing file.

I will investigate whether this has to do with access permissions as it
seems this error message can occur as a result of that (in IIS), and will
post back anything I find.

I can also infer from your mail that swish-e (including the c API) should
run in Perl 5.6 or 5.8 regardless?

Jonas

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 07:06:31AM -0700, Jonas Wolf wrote:
> In the Windows dll dependency walker, API.dll depends on perl58.dll.

Not sure about that tool.  Maybe that ppm specifies 5.8 (if that's
possible), but I think we would have heard that by now.

> I only checked this because I get an error message trying to run the
> script. I tried running the same script on another Windows machine with
> Apache and Perl 5.8 and it works fine.
>
> Can't load '.../Perl/lib/auto/SWISH/API/API.dll' for module SWISH::API:
> load_file:The specified module could not be found at
> ../Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 206.

Does .../Perl/lib/auto/SWISH/API/API.dll exist?  And is that a relative
path or did you chop of the prefix??

Try google for

   load_file:The specified module could not be found

there's a number of posts saying it's because a file is missing.

It would be great if you post back about this so it's in the archive.
If you can, post back any methods or tools used (and how to use them)
to track problems like this down in Windows.  I'm of little help with it
comes to debugging problems in Windows.

Thanks,