Re: Crossplatform Swish-e Index

From: Ziegenhorn, Eric <eric.ziegenhorn(at)not-real.ngc.com>
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 21:43:28 GMT
Speaking of 64-bit/32-bit incompatabilities, what is the status of 64 bit support in Swish-e?  Several months ago I was trying to index several hundred gigabytes of documents, and I couldn't get it to work.  The thought then was that 64-bit support would enable me to do my job.  Since then I've tried using MySQL 4.1 and its full text indexing which is nice but fraught with problems at this point.  So, I'm wondering how swish-e is dealing with large amounts of data on 64-bit platforms these days.  Any obervations would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Eric