Re: installation troubles

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 22:00:23 GMT
On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 02:48:53PM -0700, Bernard E. Wood wrote:
> It was created by configure, which was
> generated by GNU Autoconf 2.59.  Invocation command line was

> hostname = mms1.esa.lanl.gov
> uname -m = alpha
> uname -r = V5.1
> uname -s = OSF1
> uname -v = 732

Ok.  Seems like someone else had some problems with an Alpha the other
day (not related to building).  Maybe if you can help me figure out how
to boot from CD on my Alpha 164-LX with an AlphaBIOS I could test on
that platfomr...

> configure:2192: checking for gcc
> configure:2221: result: no
> configure:2272: checking for cc
> configure:2288: found /usr/bin/cc
> configure:2298: result: cc
> configure:2462: checking for C compiler version
> configure:2465: cc --version </dev/null >&5
> cc: Error: No source or object files specified on the command line
> configure:2468: $? = 1
> configure:2470: cc -v </dev/null >&5
> cc: Error: No source or object files specified on the command line
> configure:2473: $? = 1
> configure:2475: cc -V </dev/null >&5
> Compaq C V6.3-029 on Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.1 (Rev. 732)

Any chance of getting gcc installed?  Swish, like so many other projects, are
developed using the GNU tool chain.