Re: Error message while using spider

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 17:43:34 GMT
On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 08:33:01AM -0700, Antonio Barrera wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I receive the following message from the swish-e spider.pl while trying to
> index a site not located on the server where swish-e is installed.
>
> swish-e -S prog -c swish.conf
> Indexing Data Source: "External-Program"
> Indexing "spider.pl"
> External Program found: /usr/local/lib/swish-e/spider.pl
> /usr/local/lib/swish-e/spider.pl: Reading parameters from 'spider.config'
> Missing base argument at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/HTTP/Request.pm line 100

Can't see anything wrong.  Maybe a bug in your LWP library?

moseley@bumby:~$ perl -v

This is perl, v5.8.3 built for i386-linux-thread-multi

Copyright 1987-2003, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

moseley@bumby:~$ perl -MLWP -le 'print $LWP::VERSION'
5.76

moseley@bumby:~$ cat SwishSpiderConfig.pl
my %serverA = (
                base_url => 'http://libweb.princeton.edu/',
                email => 'abarrera@princeton.edu',
                keep_alive => 0,
                delay_sec => 2,
                max_depth => 5,
);

@servers = ( \%serverA,);

moseley@bumby:~$ SPIDER_DEBUG=url swish-e -i spider.pl -S prog
Indexing "spider.pl"
External Program found: /usr/local/lib/swish-e/spider.pl
/usr/local/lib/swish-e/spider.pl: Reading parameters from 'SwishSpiderConfig.pl'

 -- Starting to spider: http://libweb.princeton.edu/ --
>> +Fetched 0 Cnt: 1 http://libweb.princeton.edu/ 200 OK text/html ??? parent:
sleeping 2 seconds
>> +Fetched 1 Cnt: 2 http://libweb.princeton.edu/about/news.php 200 OK text/html ??? parent:http://libweb.princeton.edu/