categorizing information

From: Jonas Wolf <JOWOLF(at)not-real.uk.ibm.com>
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 09:54:14 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to use SWISH-E to index and search files on my local drive.
They are in XML format and follow the following form:

<xml>
  <abstract>An Abstract</abstract>
  <descript>A description</descript>
  ... lots of other meta tags like this
</xml>

There is no actual content in the top level XML, all the information is
contained in the subtags. Now I want to be able to search the whole file
at once, without specifying the individual meta tag to search, but I want
to be able to use MetaNamesRank to assign levels of importance to these
tags. I tried to encapsulate the whole file content in another tag, as
such:

<xml>
  <top>
    <abstract>An Abstract</abstract>
    <descript>A description</descript>
    ... lots of other meta tags like this
  </top>
</xml>

Using this, I can trigger a search using 'top=whatever', and it gives me
all the results I want. And I can still use 'abstract=whatever' to
restrict the search to the <abstract> tags.

Is this the best solution for the problem, or is there another way to do
this?

Thanks, Jonas