Re: SWISH-E & AMD64/Opteron

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 21:17:52 GMT
On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 01:51:16PM -0700, Job, James wrote:
> However, I'm seeing various issues when querying the index.
>
> >From a very small test successful Index (1442 words, 29 files), I'm getting:
>
>   Warning: Failed to uncompress Property. zlib uncompress returned: -5.
> uncompressed size: 140 buf_len: -1073746392

Hi James,

Someone else posted the same error message a week or so ago.

Can you provide a set of files and a config that shows the problem --
then I can try and duplicate here.  Can you send me a spare Opteron for
testing? ;)

> swish-e -T index_header indicates:
>   # Total Words: 124554053026 (way wrong)
>   # Total Files: 29 (right)

Looks like a bit of an overflow problem.  Do you know the sizeof int and
long on that compiler?

> swish-e -T INDEX_WORDS_ONLY shows only words starting form S-Z.

Interesting.

> swish-e -T INDEX_WORDS dumps a few screens full of data and abends with
> "Segmentation Fault"
>
> I've built SWISH in default (x86_64) and i386 compiling modes, and seem to
> have the same problem.

Did you reindex, too?