Re: SWISH-E Ideas

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 05:39:52 GMT
On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 21:55, Bill Moseley wrote:
> > Something like MetaNamesRank?
> > http://swish-e.org/current/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html#item_MetaNamesRank
>=20
> I think Markus is thinking more about having a property that effects a
> document's own rank.

Ah, yes.  Something written into the document which biases the rank
algorithm.  That could be useful.

> > The docs claim this is not supported.  However, the docs are incorrect.
>=20
> I haven't removed that warning because the interface may change.  I was
> not sure if it would be a -10 to +10 range or what, for example.

Yep, inaccurate I suppose would be a better term.  It works but maybe
not as well as it could.  The same goes for the entire ranking
algorithm, I suppose.  ;-)

--=20
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/