Re: Unknown property data type

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 20:29:41 GMT
On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 01:10:36PM -0700, David Fishburn wrote:

> Swish-e 2.4.2 RH9
>
> I am using search.cgi.
> I am using a spider to index a site.  It seems that not all documents have
> some of the standard attributes (swishdescription, swishtitle, ...).
>
> Here is an example:
> ***
> perl search.cgi query=unix
>
> undef error - Unknown property data type '-1' for property 'swishtitle'

Is that the real error?  Here's what I see in the code:

    progerr("Swish-e database error.  Unknown property type accessing property '%s'", propname);
    progwarn("Invalid property type for property '%s'\n", meta_entry->metaName );

Anyway, that would be a problem.  Can you provide the pages and a simple
config so I can reproduce the problem?

> So you can see here the second hit, does not have a swishtitle.

That shouldn't be a problem.

> Looking at the swish.cgi code:
> [% BLOCK display_results %]
>     [% USE date %]
>     [% FOREACH item = search.results %]
>                 [%  item.Property('swishtitle') ||
> item.Property('swishdocpath') | html %]</a>
>

> Is there a way to change this code to just use a space (or blank string)
> instead.

You mean so it doesn't show the doc path if there's no title?  Swish-e
does that by default -- there's a compile time config.h setting
USE_DOCPATH_AS_TITLE that can change that behavior, but it would be hard
to click on the link if it was blank.