Re: [Ignor Abuse] Re: Failed to uncompress Property. zlib uncompress

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 15:24:22 GMT
On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 07:45:45AM -0400, Weir James K Contr ASC/ENOI wrote:
> > Are you running out of RAM?  I assume you are using -e when indexing.

> I do not believe I am running out of RAM, I have 3 GB of RAM and 59GB
> of drive space.

And you are using -e?

> This is the information at the end of the log file
> Removing very common words...
> no words removed.
> Writing main index...
> Sorting words ...
> Sorting 12611125 words alphabetically
> Writing header ...
> Writing index entries ...
>   Writing word text: Complete
>   Writing word hash: Complete
>   Writing word data: Complete
> 12611125 unique words indexed.
> 5 properties sorted.
> 3152637 files indexed.  853492536 total bytes.  628026074 total words.
> Elapsed time: 42:08:36 CPU time: 42:08:35
> Indexing done!

Have you tried a newer version of swish?  I think commas were added into
the display of those numbers in December.  I can't think of anything
specific that changed.

Your files are not very large, but you have a lot of unique words
indexed.  I wonder if that's why the problem is showing up with you and
not others.

Do you have a Linux machine handy?  It would be helpful to see if you
have the same problem on that platform.  Plus, it's a lot easier to test
and debug when you have the source available.