Running swish-e on windows with mod_perl and apache - fork problem

From: Peter Morling <pmorling(at)not-real.nat.sdu.dk>
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 09:51:46 GMT
Hi all,

I have this problem that I would like to run swish-e through mod_perl from
Apache on the windows 2000 platform. But when I make a query and the results
should be presented I get the following error:

apache/logs/error.log
---
-e open2: Can't close:  at C:/Apache2/search/search.cgi line 2173
Failed to flush STDOUT: Invalid argument.
---

This refers to 'sub windows_fork' and I dont know what to do about the
problem, can someone help me?

Here is my config for apache regarding mod_perl and swish-e:

apache/conf/httpd.conf:
---
LoadFile "C:/Perl/bin/perl58.dll"

PerlRequire "C:/Apache2/conf/extra.pl"

extra.pl

---
use Apache2 ();
use ModPerl::Util ();
use Apache::RequestRec ();
use Apache::RequestIO ();
use Apache::RequestUtil ();
use Apache::Server ();
use Apache::ServerUtil ();
use Apache::Connection ();
use Apache::Log ();
use Apache::Const -compile => ':common';
use APR::Const -compile => ':common';
use APR::Table ();
use Apache::compat ();
use ModPerl::Registry ();
use CGI ();
1;

---

<Perl>
    use lib "C:/Apache2/search";
    use lib "C:/SWISH-E/lib/swish-e/perl";
    require "C:/Apache2/search/search.cgi";
</Perl>

Alias /search/ "C:/Apache2/search/"
<Location /search/>
    PerlSetVar Swish_Conf_File "C:/Apache2/search/.searchcgi.conf"
    allow from all
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler SwishSearch
</Location>
---

Using this config, it works to present the html-interface using
template-toolkit, but when making the search request the problem shows, can
you help me?

All the best,
Peter

Programmer Peter Morling, University of Southern Denmark
Department of Statistics, Sdr. Boulevard 23A, DK-5000 Odense C
Phone (+45) 6550 3399