Running swish-e on windows with mod_perl and apache - fork problem

From: Peter Morling <pmorling(at)>
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 09:51:46 GMT
Hi all,

I have this problem that I would like to run swish-e through mod_perl from
Apache on the windows 2000 platform. But when I make a query and the results
should be presented I get the following error:

-e open2: Can't close:  at C:/Apache2/search/search.cgi line 2173
Failed to flush STDOUT: Invalid argument.

This refers to 'sub windows_fork' and I dont know what to do about the
problem, can someone help me?

Here is my config for apache regarding mod_perl and swish-e:

LoadFile "C:/Perl/bin/perl58.dll"
LoadModule perl_module modules/

PerlRequire "C:/Apache2/conf/"

use Apache2 ();
use ModPerl::Util ();
use Apache::RequestRec ();
use Apache::RequestIO ();
use Apache::RequestUtil ();
use Apache::Server ();
use Apache::ServerUtil ();
use Apache::Connection ();
use Apache::Log ();
use Apache::Const -compile => ':common';
use APR::Const -compile => ':common';
use APR::Table ();
use Apache::compat ();
use ModPerl::Registry ();
use CGI ();

    use lib "C:/Apache2/search";
    use lib "C:/SWISH-E/lib/swish-e/perl";
    require "C:/Apache2/search/search.cgi";

Alias /search/ "C:/Apache2/search/"
<Location /search/>
    PerlSetVar Swish_Conf_File "C:/Apache2/search/.searchcgi.conf"
    allow from all
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler SwishSearch

Using this config, it works to present the html-interface using
template-toolkit, but when making the search request the problem shows, can
you help me?

All the best,

Programmer Peter Morling, University of Southern Denmark
Department of Statistics, Sdr. Boulevard 23A, DK-5000 Odense C
Phone (+45) 6550 3399