swish.cgi tweaks?

From: Brent Eades <BEades(at)not-real.bank-banque-canada.ca>
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 12:55:57 GMT
Greetings,

I'm currently testing swish-e 2.4.2 for possible use on my site. Am very impressed so far with its speed and flexibility.

I have two little tweaks I'd like to make to swish.cgi, and wondered if anyone might have relevant snippets of code they could show or send me.

1. Using '+' and '-' as Boolean operators. I'd like to allow users to use 'Google-style' queries, up to a point anyway -- e.g., monetary -policy, rather than monetary NOT policy, etc.

2. Denoting file types in results page. I want to denote, via an icon or whatever, that a given document in the list of results is a format other than HTML -- PDF, e.g.

Anyone have anything to show me here?

Brent Eades
Senior consultant, web communications/
Consultant principal, cyberédition