Re: Swish.cgi location?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 16:57:46 GMT
On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 09:46:57AM -0700, Phil Matt wrote:

> Well, I am getting a bit confused, but I am glad it works with the proper path set.

Good.  The point is that the script knows how to find itself because
Apache tells it where it is when Apache runs the script.

> When I turned to the routine that formats each single result, specifically the <dl> that
> handles the listing of each result, I find that styles called do not work, although I can
> declare:
>
> <dd style="width:65%; background-color: #DCEDED">
>
> and the styling works as expected. If I use "<dd class="mystyle"> or <dd id="mystyle">
> the styling isn't applied.

I don't know style sheets very well -- I have spent hours trying to
figure out why something doesn't work.  I wish there was a browser
feature to explain how it decides what style to use and how it came to
that choice.  That would make debugging much easier.

Are any styles applied to the <dd> tags?