Re: Running Swish.cgi

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 17:51:09 GMT
On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 10:41:59AM -0700, Phil Matt wrote:
> I FINALLY was able to do a new installation of Swish-E on my client's server, which
> oddly enough, did have version 2.2.2 of Swish-E installed, sans a lot of the distribution.
> (Thanks, Bill!)
>
> I have successfully tested swish.cgi from the command line. No problems.
>
> When I try to test it from the browser, if I run:
>
> http://www.myclient/www/cgi-bin/swish.cgi
>
> I get an error message, which the server error logs shows as basically a 404 - file does
> not exist. The file is there, but I suspect that the server is somehow not configured
> properly. I can run other .cgi scripts from that subdirectory.

Doesn't really sound like a problem related to swish.

Sage advice: If the web server reports an error, read it carefully and
believe it.

Tail the web server error log in one window and run the script from the
browser and watch the log message and think about what it's saying.  If
it's saying 404 not found then you probably don't have the script in the
right location for the web server.

BTW -- I think you once mentioned telneting to your machine.  If you really mean
telnet then switch to using ssh.