Re: Newbie confusion: returned text?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 21:22:39 GMT
On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 05:12:55PM -0400, Phil Matt wrote:
> I removed those lines, put the new config file back and reindexed with:
>
> swish-e -c /path to my configfile/ -p swishdescription

-p is used when returning results, not indexing.

> But when I do the search from my browser, I still only get the doc title and URL.

You are using John's CGI script, right?  Sorry, you need to contact him
about problems with his script.  His script may not display a
description for all I know.

I wrote two example CGI scripts for you to use and step-by-step
instructions for one of them is at

  http://swish-e.org/current/docs/INSTALL.html#Spidering_and_Searching_with_a_Web_form_

and also

  http://swish-e.org/current/docs/swish.html#INSTALLATION

That second one is more like what you want to do (since you are not
spidering).