Display of XML Attributes

From: Thoreau Lovell <tlovell(at)not-real.sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 22:40:25 GMT
I'm new to Swish-e, so please forgive another newbe question. I'm indexing
a set of xml docs that have been generated by an XSLT stylesheet. Each doc
represents a record for an electronic journal. The problem I'm having is
that many of the records have multiple instances of a given element tag.
For instance, the <provider> tag. Instead of displaying each instance
separately, Swish-e concatenates them into a list when they are displayed
as part of a search result. Here's a snippet:

[Indexed xml file]
<title>
       The Women's review of books
</title>
<alt_title>
        WOMENS REVIEW OF BOOKS
</alt_title>
<provider>Academic Search Elite:Full Text.  Availability: from 1996 </provider>
<provider>Factiva:Full Text.  Availability: from 1997 Availability: Most
recent 2 months not available </provider>
<provider>Lexis-Nexis Academic Universe:Full Text.  Availability: from 1994
</provider>
. . .

[Output source]
<dd>
Via Academic Search Elite:Full Text.  Availability: from 1996 Factiva:Full
Text.  Availability: from 1997 Availability: Most recent 2 months not
available Lexis-Nexis Academic Universe:Full Text.  Availability: from 1994
</dd>

I'm using TemplateToolkit to generate the output. Any suggestions on how to
display each <provider> instance on a separate line? Or, should I
restructure the xml files? If so, how?

Thanks!

Thoreau Lovell
Digital Systems Design and Development Coordinator
J. Paul Leonard Library, San Francisco State University
415-338-2285 | tlovell@sfsu.edu