Stupid novice question

From: Phil Matt <philm(at)not-real.frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 22:52:05 GMT
Hello to all.

I have installed Swish-E on an apache server for one of my clients. I have indexed the
site, and can Telnet in to run Swish-E from the command line without any problems.

 I'm using a modified version of John Millard's swish-cgi.pl script for the browser
interface. I have gone over my configuration file carefully, and for the life of me I cannot
figure out why I can't get Swish-E to run from the browser. I have checked the path to
the index file, have checked permissions (set to 755 for the index file and the Swish-E
config file that points to the index, etc.

Running the script generates the blank form just fine. However, ANY query results in
zero results found.

I think that I need to pass the location of the config file to swish-cgi.pl script, as in

IncludeConfigFile /usr/local/swish/conf/myconfig.file

But I can't quite see where. Does it go in the $params ="" variable? Tried this to no
avail.

Sorry for the basic question, but I just can't seem to figure this out.
TIA for your any help you can offer.

Cheers --- Phil Matt