searching XML documents

From: swishe <swishe(at)not-real.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 08:38:25 GMT
Dear swish-e maintainers,

I have two questions concerning swish-e 2.4.2 with libxml2.
You will find our configuration and 2 example records below.

(1) How can we limit search results to records having date >= <datestring>
(2) How can we search combinations of attributes in one subrecord?
    e.g. -w attribute1=A attribute2=B
    In our tests swish-e also finds record 2 but we only want to get record 1
    cause only there "A / B" is found in one subrecord.

I would be very appreciate if you could give me some hints to solve
this problems. Workarounds are welcome too.

Thanks a lot in advance, Uwe

Uwe Dierolf                       Tel  0721/608-6076
University Library of Karlsruhe   Fax  0721/608-4886
Postfach 6920                     76049 Karlsruhe / Germany

configuration:
   IndexDir .
   IndexOnly .xml
   IndexContents XML2 .xml
   UndefinedMetaTags auto
   UndefinedXMLAttributes auto
   PropertyNames date attribute1 attribute2

2 xml records:

<record>
   <id>1</id>
   <date>20040213</date>