Re: MetaNamesRank

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)not-real.cray.com>
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 21:26:48 GMT
Bill Moseley supposedly wrote on 3/29/04 2:50 PM:

> On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 12:18:13PM -0800, Peter Karman wrote:
>
>>I see that the 2.4.2 docs list MetaNamesRank as currently unsupported.
>>
>>I do see some code in parse_conffile.c that appears to allow it to be
>>specified in a config file. I assume that rank.c still needs work to
>>actually *do* something with the config?
>

> Search for "bias" in rank.c.

Ah. thanks. It looks fairly developed. Is there a reason the docs claim
that it isn't implemented? My simple tests just showed that it does make
a difference in the ranking scores.

>>Just checking, really. I've been reading all kinds of ranking algorithm
>>papers all morning (that stuff requires extra oxygen...)
>

> I found that after an entire day that gin works best.

yes, I expect that (or my personal poison, scotch) would make everything
clearer.

--
Peter Karman - Software Publications Engineer - Cray Inc
phone: 651-605-9009 - mailto:karman@cray.com