Re: Buzzwords regex

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Sat Mar 20 2004 - 14:34:33 GMT
On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 08:29:22AM -0500, Frank Naude wrote:
> Hi Bill,
> On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 16:28, Bill Moseley wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 11:53:12AM -0800, Frank Naude wrote:
> > > Please consider implementing "Regular Expression Buzzwords" in the next
> > > release of SWISH-E.
> > In other words, use a regular expression to determine if a pattern should
> > have WordCharacters, BeginCharacters and EndCharacters applied?
> No, they should be indexed REGARDLESS of WordCharacters,
> BeginCharacters, EndCharacters, etc.

Right, that's what I mean.  For example:

   BuzzWordsMatch /ABC\-\d+/

so any word indexed or searched would not be split up by wordcharacters
if it matches that pattern.  So:

would get indexed as is (instead of being converted by Wordchars to
"abc" and "1234").

I think it would still be converted to lowercase, though (abc-1234).

I would not that that too hard to add to the code.  Requires a change to
the index file format, though.

Bill Moseley